Course WQT-1 Certificate in Welder Qualification Testing to BS 4872 Part 1
Duration: 2 Days
Course overview:This course is aimed at personnel who need to have a good understanding of welding procedures and qualification testing standard BS 4872 Part 1 - “Approval testing of welders when welding procedure approval is not required”. The course takes delegates through the practical steps of carrying out welder qualification tests from the start to finish and the technical considerations that have to be interpreted from the standard.
Welding terminology; review of the approval testing standard BS 4872 Part 1; essential variables and range of approval; devising the appropriate test piece, completing the welding procedure for the test; supervising and monitoring the test; visual assessment of the test pieces; assessing the mechanical tests; generating the documentation; effective welder approval management. End of course assessment.
On completion of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the approval testing standard BS 4872 Part 1.
- Understand the content of various documents involved in approval testing
- Establish different approval tests for different applications
- Carry out an approval test to the requirements of the standard
- Carry out the necessary visual and destructive tests and their assessment to the standard.
- Assess the results from the testing
- Understand the importance of the associated documentation and successfully complete the welder approval test certificate to the standard.
Pass the end of course assessment for the Certificate of Proficiency.