Course WPS-2 Formulating Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS's)
Duration: 2 Days
Course overview:This course is aimed at personnel who are required to formulate preliminary welding procedure specifications (pWPS) and welding procedure specifications (WPS) following qualification. The course takes delegates through the technical considerations that need to be addressed, combined with how welding procedures should be constructed.
Welding procedure terminology; the methodology of producing a welding procedure; deciding on the required information; essential variables; satisfying the technical areas of approval testing standards; other QC aspects including documentation and its control; case studies and hands on experience at welding procedure formulation.
Welding inspection personnel, welding engineers and welding supervisors who are required to understand the technical considerations of welding procedures specifications and qualification.
On completion of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the various technical considerations that influence the welding procedure
- Understand the interaction between the essential variables from a technical viewpoint.
- Understand the various steps and methodologies involved in preparing welding procedures.
- Select the most suitable welding process versus the application.
- Understand material considerations, weldability problems and weld procedure controls to minimise the risks.
Appreciate the basic concepts of establishing and assessing welding procedures and related documentation for conformity to standards.