Course OFB-1 Safe Use and Handling of Gas Brazing Equipment
Duration: 2 days
Course overview:This course is specifically aimed at both welding and non welding personnel who need to be able to understand the oxy-fuel gas brazing process and the associated safety requirements of the correct use and handling of the equipment. The course also provides an excellent practical overview of setting up the process parameters for high quality brazing for all levels of personnel.
Certification to the current national standard is also available by separate negotiation.
Oxy-fuel gas brazing - equipment and consumable requirements; basic theory into gas brazing; fuel gases and their applications; imperfections associated with the process; the effects of brazing parameters and identification of control functions; equipment troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
Practicals: how to set-up the equipment; how to set-up the brazing parameters; practical hand-on sessions to suit individual skills and level.
On completion of the course you should be able to:
- Understand various topics related to the correct use and application of the oxy-fuel gas brazing process and equipment.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of the process
- Set the equipment up correctly in relation to brazing a range of different metal thicknesses.
- Understand how to get the best from the equipment including routine maintenance issues.
- Apply specific brazing parameters and techniques effectively and correctly to different applications
- Understand health and safety requirements of the process