Course MIG-1 Setting Up MIG/MAG Welding Equipment
Duration: 2 days
Course overview:This course is specifically aimed at both welding and non welding personnel who need to be able to understand the technology of MIG/MAG welding and the associated benefits of the process with the main emphasis on getting the best from the equipment in relation to cost savings and enhanced quality. The course also provides an excellent practical overview of setting up the welding parameters for high quality welding for all levels of welding personnel.
MIG/MAG welding- equipment and consumable requirements; theory into MIG/MAG welding; modes of transfer and their application; welding imperfections associated with the process; the benefits of MIG/MAG; the effects of welding parameters and identification of control functions; equipment troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
Practical: how to set-up the equipment; how to set-up the welding parameters; practical hands-on sessions to suit individuals.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Understand various welding technology topics related to the correct use and application of the MIG/MAG welding process and consumables.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of the process
- Set the equipment up correctly in relation to dip, globular and spray transfer.
- Understand how to get the best from the equipment including routine maintenance issues
- Apply specific welding parameters and techniques effectively and correctly to different applications
- Appreciate advantages and limitations of the MIG/MAG welding process