Course MIG-2 Pulsed MIG/MAG Welding
Duration: 2 days
Course overview:This course is specifically aimed at both welding and non welding personnel who need to be able to understand the technology of pulsed MIG/MAG welding and the associated benefits of the process, including getting the best from the equipment in relation to cost savings and enhanced quality. The course also provides an excellent practical overview of setting up the welding parameters for effective pulsed welding for welders, welding supervisors and welding instructors.
What is pulsed MIG/MAG welding? The theory of pulsed welding; Synergic control; the benefits of pulsed MIG/MAG welding; equipment details and control functions; welding techniques; Do’s and don’ts; case studies.
Practicals: how to set-up the equipment; how to set-up the welding parameters; practical hands-on sessions.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Understand various welding technology topics related to pulsed MIG/MAG including equipment and shielding gases.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of the process
- Set the equipment up correctly and be able to troubleshoot problems.
- Understand maintenance issues and carryout remedial tasks to ensure consistent performance
- Apply specific welding parameters and techniques effectively and correctly to different applications
- Appreciate advantages and limitations of pulsed MIG/MAG welding over conventional MIG/MAG welding.