Course TIG-1 Getting the Best from TIG Welding
Duration: 2 days
Course overview:This course is aimed at both welding and non-welding personnel who need to be able to understand the technology of TIG welding and the associated benefits of the process with the main emphasis on getting the best from the equipment in relation to cost savings and enhanced quality. The course also provides an excellent practical overview of setting up the welding parameters for high quality welding for all levels of welding personnel.
TIG welding- equipment and consumable requirements; theory of TIG welding; DC welding: AC welding using square wave versus sinewave; linear and pulsed current welding; current types and their application; welding imperfections associated with the process; the benefits of TIG welding; the effects of welding parameters and identification of control functions; equipment troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
Practicals: how to set-up the equipment; how to set-up the welding parameters correctly to avoid defects; root penetration control; practical hands-on sessions to suit individuals.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Understand various welding technology topics related to the correct use and application of the TIG welding process and consumables.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of the process
- Set the equipment up correctly for a range of different applications
- Understand how to get the best from the equipment including routine maintenance issues
- Apply specific welding parameters and techniques effectively and correctly to different applications
- Appreciate advantages and limitations of the TIG welding process