Course OAC-1 Certificate in Oxy-Fuel Gas Cutting
Duration: 2 days
Course overview:This course is specifically aimed at both welding and non welding personnel who need to be able to understand the oxy-fuel gas cutting process and the associated safety requirements of the correct use and handling of the equipment.
The course also provides an excellent practical overview of setting up the cutting parameters for high quality cutting for all levels of welding personnel.
Oxy-fuel gas cutting - equipment and consumable requirements; basic theory of gas cutting; fuel gases and their applications; cutting imperfections associated with the process; the effects of cutting parameters and identification of control functions; equipment troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
Practicals: how to set-up the equipment; how to set-up the cutting parameters; practical hands-on sessions to suit individual skills and level.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Understand various topics related to the correct use and application of the oxy-fuel gas cutting process and equipment.
- Understand the benefits and limitations of the process
- Set the equipment up correctly in relation to cutting a range of different metal thicknesses.
- Understand how to get the best from the equipment including routine maintenance issues.
- Apply specific cutting parameters and techniques effectively and correctly to different applications
- Understand health and safety requirements of the process